Our Unique Formula
So we spoke to our industrial chemist, and with him on the job we made our own answer to the problem, which we now call Clean Detail. To cut it short, we made this with these following properties;
- Attracted to wax oils (carnauba wax): So it pushes all the dust on the surface of the paint up and away. So when you wipe it off, it minimises the chances of scratching your car. It bonds with your wax to enhance the gloss and renew its protection.
- Anti-static and silicone free: Too many of the ones we tested left a surface that dust loved to be attracted back to. Ours is the only one out there where this does not happen, hence the reason it is so popular with the show car guys! It's also popular with courier companies who now use it on the back windows of their cars as it stays cleaner, longer. Plasma TV owners too are fans as you don't get that static dust build up any longer - very cool to use before the Bathurst race each year.
- UV protection built in: This is to give your paint a better chance of survival in Australia's harsh climate.
- Low vapour point: Evaporates quickly in the confines of an undercover shed, minimising the chance of smearing. It also means it is good for no smear finishes on chrome and glass.
- Safely removes water spotting, and bird/bat droppings: Before they can damage your paint. We keep a bottle in a lot of our road cars for this very purpose. The quicker you can remove them the less chance you will have for damage to occur.
- Not damaging to plastics: Use it on any hard surface with no fear; it cleans them all!
- Environmentally friendly, this product is an alternative to using precious water to clean your car. However, if the car is really dirty, it's always best to initially wash with water as there is nothing in this product to encapsulate small grit particles and contaminants that can potentially scratch your car. A lot of car collectors and top show competitors do not like to wash their cars full stop, making the Clean Detail a welcome addition to their car care kit.