The first step is always to inspect the bike.
- What type of bike is it?
- What materials are used on the bike?
- Are there any unpainted plastics?
- Are there matte surfaces?
- Is there an exposed air filter?
- Do other components need to be covered prior to starting detailing?
All of these questions and more, need to be asked before you start the job. Give the bike a good look over and get familiar with the different parts of it - each bike is different, so get to know yours well.
This particular bike we're doing here is a 1999 Aprilia RSV Mille R. It has no exposed air filter, no unpainted plastics and no matte surfaces. It does have a vinyl seat, which we will cover later in this article.