The Flat Head brush
23 December 2019 Brett Hobbs
The Flat Head is our newest custom brush, and has been designed and made in Australia, specifically for getting into the wheel barrels on more modern, open spoke wheels, commonly found on sports and luxury cars.
The design is completely metal free, so it will never scratch your wheels. The brush incorporates a non-slip handle, and a knuckle guard, so you won't smash your hands on your wheels as you're cleaning, like many other barrel cleaning brushes out there.
The low profile head is tapered to help better clean in the tight area around the brake calipers. It also has a flexible tip, to help better clean the inner contoured wheel no matter what angle you're holding it.
It has a removable microfibre sock head that's fitted securely to the top of the brush - this sock is washable and replaceable if need be, without the need to buy a whole new brush!
Some key points for this brush are:
- Made for easy cleaning of inner wheel barrels on open spoke wheels.
- Metal free, so there is nothing that could ever damage your wheels.
- Non-slip ergonomic handle with a knuckle protector and long shaft to keep you well away from wheel grime.
- The brush tip has been designed to flex, making it more versatile in and around the contours of many wheels.
- Tapered flat head design helps get into tighter spaces with ease.
- Australian made and designed high tensile plastic construction, that's built to last.
- Uses the best and most absorbent material we've ever found for safe and effective wheel cleaning.
- Removeable microfibre sock, so it can be washed or replaced if needed.
- Also a very effective gentle back scratcher and epic pet or partner tormenter.
- Use with our Little Chubby and Foursome brushes for an all-round perfect wheel clean.
- Works best with Wheely Clean, Orange Agent or any of our car washes in the Wheels bucket.
A quick video of how we use it when cleaning wheels here.
It's taken us a solid year of trial and error to create this brush, with many different revisions created and rejected with different designs, plastic types, shapes, microfibre socks etc. We're pretty bloody stoked with this one, and enjoy using it on a daily basis - we hope you'll enjoy it too!
The Flat Head Brush is $34.99 and can be found at Autobarn stores nationwide (and other retailers from early next year), call your local store first to ensure it's there. If they dont have it in yet, please use part code BOFHEAD to order one in for yourself.
If you have any questions about this brush, please call our office during business hours on 1800 351 308 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Note that our offices will be shut for the few days after Christmas and New Years day).
Love your car,
Brilliant...By: Jason on 24 April 2021Purchased this a few weeks ago and tried it today for the first time and i love it. Makes cleaning my wheel barrels so easy compared to trying to stick my hand in the wheels with a sponge. Very impressed.